Road Use Agreements

Road infrastructure in the County of Wetaskiwin is intended for public use and the County of Wetaskiwin recognizes that business and industry (resource/extraction) rely upon road infrastructure. At times, demands placed upon roads by truck traffic often exceed the capacity of the roads, which can damage the roadway and render it unsafe.

County of Wetaskiwin’s Road Use Agreement Policy is aimed at preserving road infrastructure while minimizing publicly-funded maintenance costs and protecting the safety of all road users. Therefore Road Use Agreements are required from business and industry (resource/extraction) that create traffic loads with a potential of causing damage to our roads. The County monitors these roads and ensures that Road Use Agreements are enforced to prevent problems that arise such as extreme dust and road damage.

Examples of companies that may require Road Use Agreements are as follows:
  • Commercial manure
  • Concrete pumpers
  •  Contaminated soil hauls
  •  Gravel & Sand pits
  •  Log hauls
  •  Pipelines
  •  Seismic operations
  •  Fiber Optics
  •  Septic haulers
  •  Water well drillers
  •  Well sites
  • Integrity Digs
You may complete the Application for Road Use Agreement to submit for processing or for more information please contact the Public Works department at 780-361-6221, or toll free at 800-661-4125 or via email.

Contact Us

  1. Public Works

    Admin Assistant
    Phone: 780-361-6221

    Staff Directory

Helpful Downloads