Development Permit Regulation
All development over 108 square feet (10m2) within the County of Wetaskiwin requires a development permit before work can start, and is regulated by Land Use Bylaw 2017/48 and supporting policies. Development is defined as:
- An excavation or stockpile and the creation of either of them
- A building or an addition to or replacement or repair of a building and the construction or placing of any of them in, on, over or under land;
- A change of use of land or a building or an act done in relation to land or a building that results in or is likely to result in a change in the use of the land or building
- A change in the intensity of use of land or a building or act done in relation to land or a building that results in or is likely to result in a change in the intensity of use of the land or building
- All development within 800 metres (1/2 mile) of a primary or secondary highway will require approval from Alberta Transportation.
Residential Development Permit Application (PDF)
Commercial Development Permit Application (PDF)
Please see the County's Fees and Charges Bylaw (Schedule C) for associated Development Permit costs.