- Solid Waste (Garbage) Collection
Solid Waste (Garbage) Collection
Waste collection services are available to all Residential Premises within the Hamlets and Subdivisions indicated in the Waste Collection Schedule.
Residential Premises is defined in the Solid Waste Management Bylaw.
Waste Collection Guidelines
All household waste must be:
- Bagged & tied (plastic garbage bags, not shopping bags or cardboard boxes).
- Contained in either a metal or plastic containers with lids, in a manner to be protected from animals and the wind
- Each household is allowed a maximum of two (2) receptacles not to exceed 121 liters (26 gallons) capacity and a maximum of 25 kg (55 lbs) per receptacle,
- Placed at the curb (outside the property line) by 7:00 a.m. on garbage collection day.
- Contractors will not enter private property to collect garbage.
Any waste not meeting the above guidelines will not be picked up.
This pick up is for household bagged waste only and does not include items left outside the containers. These items will not be picked up and must be taken to the nearest transfer station for disposal.
Solid Waste Collection Fees
All lots defined as Residential Premises are eligible for waste collection and will be charged a monthly collection fee of $20.50.
All utilities are billed bi-monthly and utility invoices are sent out according to the utility billing schedule.
Waste Collection Schedule
Waste will always be collected on Statutory Holiday Mondays unless otherwise notified.
- Hamlets of Buck Lake and Alder Flats (Monday).
- Hamlet of Westerose (Monday)
- Viola Beach, Beachside Estates, Woodwind Estates (Monday)
- Hamlet of Gwynne (Monday)
- Curilane Beach and Lakeland Estates (Tuesday)
- Hamlet of Mulhurst Bay (Tuesday)
- Hamlet of Winfield (Monday)
Watch the website and Pipestone Flyer newspaper for Christmas scheduled hours.