The County operates nine (9) waste transfer stations, and is a member of the West Dried Meat Lake Landfill. All waste from the transfer stations is hauled to the West Dried Meat Lake Landfill. Residents are able to access the West Dried Meat Lake Landfill but since the landfill is not a County run facility, fees will apply.
- Hours of Operation
- Driving Directions
- Acceptable Items
- Transfer Station Cards
- Disposal Fees
- Summer Village Users
- Town of Millet Residents
Bearhills - 1 ½ miles south of Hwy 13 on RR 254
West Buck Lake – ½ mile south of Jct Hwy 13 & 22, ¼ mile west
Hilgartner – 3 ½ miles south of Sec. Hwy 613 on RR 235
Gwynne – ½ mile south of Hwy 13 on RR 225
Lakedell – ½ mile north of Hwy 13 on RR 12
Millet – ¾ mile east of Petro Can in Millet
Mulhurst Bay – ½ mile south of Sec Hwy 616 on RR 280
Peace Hills – 2 miles north of Hwy 13 on RR 245
Winfield – ½ mile north of Winfield on RR 35 (Knob Hill Road)
Items Accepted in Bins:
- Household garbage (must be bagged and tied)
- Ashes (boxed or bagged and tied)
- Compost, grass, straw, weeds, lake weeds (bagged & tied)
- Demolition/Renovation (residential) includes: drywall, roofing shingles, decking, vinyl siding, windows, wood doors, carpet
- Furniture, including beds, mattresses, chairs, couches, tables, dressers, toilets, basins, sinks, etc.
- Hot tubs (cut into quarters or smaller; able to fit easily in bin)
- Paint cans (empty/dry)
- Wood (treated, painted; cut in lengths to fit in bin)
The following wastes are not accepted at the waste transfer stations:
ammunition • animal carcasses, hides or animal parts • automobiles • automobile batteries • hazardous & bio-hazardous waste • campers, RV’s & boats; compost • concrete, concrete blocks and rocks • dynamite • liquid waste including pesticides • antifreeze •camping fuel or other flammable liquids • sewage •any toxic liquid • poisons; seeds or grains • toxic weeds • tree stumps.
Transfer Station User Cards
Disposal fees are charged for the following items, as outlined in the Fees & Charges Bylaw.
- $50 – Loads in excess of 132 cubic feet
(i.e. - 1/2 ton pick-up box capacity
8 ft long x 5.5 ft wide x 3 ft deep)
- $20 – Appliances, white goods (with or without freon) – fee is per appliance
To clarify, the $50 charge refers to the total load regardless of the load contents.
All recyclables (trees, metal, etc.) will be considered as contents within each load and will be charged accordingly if in excess of the 132 cubic feet capacity.
Summer Village Users
Summer Village Residents (Argentia Beach, Crystal Springs, Grandview, Ma-Me-O Beach, Norris Beach, Poplar Bay, Silver Beach) are allowed to use the following designated transfer stations:
Mulhurst Bay Transfer Station
- Argentia Beach & Silver Beach
Lakedell Transfer Station
- Crystal Springs, Grandview, Ma-Me-O Beach, Norris Beach and Poplar Bay
- A designated bin is in place for Ma-Me-O residents.
Residents must present the user card issued by the Summer Village office to the transfer station attendant during each visit.
New & replacement cards will be issued by the Summer Village (780-586-2494).
Residents disposing of any items noted under the Disposal Fees will be required to sign an Agreement for Transfer Station Charges at the transfer station.
Town of Millet Residents
Town of Millet residents have access only to the East Millet transfer station.
To access the transfer station, a voucher must be purchased at the Town of Millet administration office or Rexall Drug Store in Millet (cash only at the drug store).
Each voucher is for a one time visit to the transfer station.
Vouchers must be presented to the transfer station attendant when entering the site.
$20 - each standard pick-up truck box, or portion thereof.
$10 - mattress (Mattresses must be on a separate voucher).