On May 8, 2023, County Council passed a Non-Residential Tax Incentive Bylaw to encourage the development of non-residential properties in the County of Wetaskiwin. The tax incentive will be calculated for three (3) years under a 50/30/10 rule. In the first year, the municipal tax payable will be reduced by 50%; in the second year, the municipal tax payable will be reduced by 30%; and in the third and final year the municipal tax payable will be reduced by 10%.
Criteria for a Partial Exemption
10. In order to qualify for a Partial Exemption, a Non-Residential property must meet the following criteria:
- the subject Non-Residential property must be located within the geographical boundary of the County.
- there must be no outstanding monies owing to the County related to the property.
- the property must provide Commercial or Industrial services in the Class 2 assessment as specified in the Act; and
- the property must be assessed by the County at $2,000,000 or greater.
11. In addition to Section 10, the property must meet the following criteria:
- the property must make a capital investment to expand, improve, renovate, or revitalize the Non-Residential property resulting in an increased assessment value of $2,000,000 in the assessment year preceding the application.
For more information and to apply please view the Non-Residential Tax Incentives Bylaw.