PLEASE NOTE:Park opening dates for the County of Wetaskiwin Parks will be Friday, June 5th, 2020. These dates are subject to change based on recommendations from the Provincial Government and Alberta Health Services. Please view our COVID-19 Guidelines for more details.
All of the County Campgrounds accept cash or cheque only and do not accept reservations. The County's campgrounds are typically open from May long weekend to the end of October depending on the weather.
- Battle Lake - Tentative opening date June 5, 2020
- Buck Lake - Tentative opening date June 5, 2020
- Coal Lake South - Tentative opening date June 5, 2020
- Mound Red - Tentative opening date June 5, 2020
- Red Deer Lake - Tentative opening date June 5, 2020
- Twin Lakes - Tentative opening date June 5, 2020
- Winfield Pioneer Park (PDF)
- Firewood is sold at $10.00 per bag
- Wood pick up times will be posted at each campground
Day Use Areas
County of Wetaskiwin Park Regulations
- Overnight camping is allowed in designated sites only.
- Fires are allowed in designated pits only. Fires are to be extinguished when leaving the site. Outside firewood is not permitted. Cutting or breaking of trees/branches within campgrounds is prohibited.
- All overnight campers must obtain a permit. The holder is responsible for actions of visitors and camping party members.
- Maximum of two (2) motor vehicles, along with two (2) camping accommodation units (tent, trailers, motorhomes, etc. are permitted in one (1) site.
- A maximum of 8 people are permitted to occupy 1 site, except where an individual family is larger.
- Quiet time is between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. For the peaceful enjoyment of others, no objectionable noise or disturbance will be allowed at any time.
- Visitors must leave by 11 p.m.
- The use of off-highway vehicles is prohibited in county parks.
- Animals must be leashed at all times and are not permitted on the beach or in Park buildings. Visitors are required to clean up after their animals.
- There is a maximum stay of 14 days.
- Each camping unit must be recorded on the permit.
- The use of County of Wetaskiwin Parks and their facilities is done so at the risk of the user.
- Campfires are prohibited when County Fire Ban's are in effect.
- Consumption of liquor is restricted to registered campsites, liquor is prohibited on roads, trails, beaches and in day use areas/picnic sites.
- No person shall smoke or consume cannabis in any county campground/sites.