Planning & Development Policies
- 61.1.1 Approach Installation
- 61.1.2 Typical Farmland Values for Subdivision Reserve Allocation
- 61.1.3 Procedure for Administrative Approval of Simple Subdivisions
- 61.1.4 Subdivision Approval Process
- 61.1.5 Re-Subdivision in Multi-lot Subdivision
- 61.1.6 Requirements for Area Structure Plans
- 61.1.7 Guidelines for Second Yard Subdivision
- 61.1.8 Re-application for Subdivision
- 61.1.9 Performance Deposits for Approach Construction
- 61.1.10 Guideline to Determine Inclusion of Strip of Farmland
- 61.1.11 Requirements for Sewer Service at Named Lakes
- 61.1.12 Commercial and Industrial Development in the Highway 2 Corridor
- 61.1.13 Design Guidelines and Construction Standards
- 61.1.14 Requirements for Resource Extraction Operations
- 61.1.15 Pavement and Per Lot Road Contribution Fee
- 61.1.16 Certificate of Compliance and Real Property Report
- Offsite Levy Bylaw 2007/38 and 2008/42
- Dog Control Bylaw 2019/06
- Business Hours Restriction Bylaw 2009/64
- Waste Water Bylaw 2015/62
- Rural Addressing Bylaw 2020/65
The Municipal Government Act under Section 638.2 requires that municipalities must list their planning documents and how they relate to each other on their website. The tabs below contain a list of the County of Wetaskiwin’s planning policies and relevant bylaws.
This policy determines the amount payable by a Subdivision Authority instead of dedicating land towards a municipal reserve.
61.1.3 Procedure for Administrative Approval of Simple Subdivisions
Council has delegated subdivision approval authority for simple subdivisions to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) or his or her delegate.
61.1.6 Requirements for Area Structure Plans
Council requires an Area Structure Plan for any proposed multi-lot subdivision, or proposed recreational, multi-residential, commercial, and industrial developments without subdivision.
61.1.8 Re-application for Subdivision
This policy outlines that if a subdivision approval is refused, any further applications may be refused if they involve the same land, part of the same land or subdivision application submitted within 6 months after the date of refusal.
61.1.9 Performance Deposits for Approach Construction
This policy outlines the requirement and acceptance of a performance deposit approach construction.
61.1.10 Guideline to Determine Inclusion of Strip of Farmland
This policy sets out guidelines for the inclusion or exclusion of narrow stripes of land between the yard site and the boundary.
- Land Use Bylaw, RR and CR Districts
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that domestic sewage does not contaminate lakes.
61.1.12 Commercial and Industrial Development in the Highway 2 Corridor
This policy sets out some of the considerations which will apply when Council is asked to approve subdivisions or rezoning for commercial and industrial development along Highway 2.
This policy outlines the procedures to consider developer’s design guidelines and construction specifications including preparing engineered design and record drawings.
61.1.14 Requirements for Resource Extraction Operations
This policy outlines the information that the Developer is required to prepare for Administration before an application for Resource Extraction Operations is considered.
This policy outlines the paving requirements for new multi-parcel subdivision developments.
61.1.16 Certificate of Compliance and Real Property Report
A Certificate of Compliance is frequently requested by lending institutions or purchasers prior to the transfer of property in order to protect the purchaser’s investment.
- Could connect to the Land Use Bylaw, may require a Real Property Report.
Dog Control Bylaw 2019/06
This bylaw sets out the regulation and control of dogs running at large within the County of Wetaskiwin No. 10.
This bylaw regulates the hours of operation for certain business activities.
This bylaw is intended to support, regulate, control and improve the water and waste water treatment and distribution systems within the County of Wetaskiwin No. 10.
Amending Schedule "C" Bylaw 2018/09
Amending Schedule "A & B" Bylaw 2018/49