What are the application requirements?

As per Municipal Planning Services’ website, requirements include:  

  • Application Fee  
  • Application for Subdivision (must be completed in full and signed)  
  •  Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Abandoned Wells Statement (whichever is applicable)  
  •  Authorization for Electronic Communication   
  •  Information about Sewage Disposal System(s) **To be completed for each private sewage disposal system on the subject property**  
  • Landowner Letter of Authorization **Must accompany all applications where the applicant is not the landowner OR where there is more than one registered landowner.  Please note that signatures are required for ALL registered landowners**  
  • Certificate of Title (obtained within 3 months of the submission of the application) **Please note that if one is not provided, we may acquire one on your behalf for a fee**  
  • Tentative Plan of Subdivision (with area and dimensions of the proposed lot(s) and remainder parcel)  
  • An orthophoto of the subject site (including proposed and remainder parcels)  
  • Any other items or information identified during pre-submission consultation.    

Show All Answers

1. Can I subdivide my property?
2. How long does the subdivision process take?
3. Where do I send my application?
4. What are the application requirements?
5. How much does subdivision cost?
6. What is a Developer's Agreement for Multi-Lot Subdivisions?
7. Is Design & Engineering always necessary for subdivisions?
8. Are water tests required for subdivisions?
9. When is road building required for subdivisions?
10. What are the registration costs for a subdivision?
11. What are the requirements for approaches to each lot?
12. What are the survey requirements after subdivision approval?
13. What are Municipal Reserves, and when are they applicable?
14. What are the endorsement fees for subdivision plans?