Can I use my Recreational Unit (RV) to stay in if don’t have a house on my property?

Yes, you can use your Recreational Unit (RV) to stay on your property if there's no permanent house. However, there are some conditions:

  1. Recreational Unit use is allowed as a discretionary use in certain land use districts.
  2. You need a Development Permit for a maximum of 3 years to use your RV on the property.
  3. If you want to continue using the RV beyond the initial 3 year period, you must reapply for the permit before it expires.
  4. If there's a new application that changes the land use, you must remove the RV.

For information about permit fees, you can refer to Schedule C of the Fees & Charges Bylaw.

RV use for a 3-year term is only allowed in the following districts:

  • Lakeshore Residential
  • Wizard Lake Watershed
  • Recreational (subject to Section 10.21 Recreational District)
  • Watershed Protection (greater than 32. ha (80 ac) only)
  • Agricultural (greater than 32. ha (80 ac) only)
  • Severed Agricultural (greater than 32. ha (80 ac) only)

Show All Answers

1. Can I use my Recreational Unit (RV) to stay in if don’t have a house on my property?
2. How many Recreational Units (RVs) am I allowed on my property?
3. Can I stay in my Recreational Unit (RV) while I’m building my house?
4. How do I know what my property is districted as?
5. How many temporary Recreational Units (RVs) can I have on my property if I’m hosting a function?
6. Can I have Recreational Units (RVs) on my property for family and friends for a function?
7. How do I apply for temporary Recreational Units (RVs) use for my function?
8. How long can temporary Recreational Units (RVs) be allowed on my property for my function?
9. How many times can I apply for a Recreational Units (RVs) During Family Functions permit?