Upcoming/ Potential Local Improvements
In August, the County held three Open House presentations for proposed local improvements in various County subdivisions. At these Open Houses, details of each project were provided and property owners had to opportunity to engage in a question and answer session with representatives from the County and from MPE Engineering.
The next step for these proposed local improvements is the collection of signatures. In accordance with the Municipal Government Act, signatures are needed from 2/3 of property owners within a proposed local improvement area for a petition to be valid. These signatures have to be collected within sixty (60) days of the first signature.
Below is a list of subdivisions with proposed local improvements, as well as the number of signatures collected and needed, and the deadline for signatures.
- Antler Ridge (0/13, 9 more signatures needed, no deadline yet)
- Aspen Acres (3/17, 9 more signatures needed, deadline: November 14)
- Grandview Meadows (12/16, 0 more signatures needed, deadline: October 5)
- Highland Estates (3/20, 11 more signatures needed, deadline: November 11)
- Patterson Estates (10/26, 8 more signatures needed, deadline: October 10 )
- Village West (12/49, 23 more signatures needed, deadline: October 11)
- Woodfield Estates (8/29, 12 more signatures needed, deadline: October 5)
The following is a list of Frequently Asked Questions related to these local improvements (please note: questions relating to pump packages and installation costs DO NOT apply to Antler Ridge or Village West): Local Improvement Frequently Asked Questions
For documents related to each Open House, please see the links below.